Wednesday 6 August 2008

How Far More?

We, we are two of a kind being that never stop believing. Never did once we doubt, and never once we do not forgive..Now, times had changed drastically, and that had lead me walking alone on this path that we've created together. Having a new guardian, you followed wherever the light was going in this dark, dark world. Couldn't have the heart to trust, I chose to go on alone while you followed that spark of light, that little spark of joy. I saw you from a far distance, looking hopeful, looking content after so long. Having no other choice, I replied back with a warm smile as a sign of letting you roam free in this land of eternal darkness. Slowly, day by day, you are breaking free from this cold, lonely world. I would know, because I've been watching over you since day 1. I couldn't feel anything but this numbness at heart and the pain in my chest, suffocating my very last breaths. Alas. I fell. I fell without you walking by my side.

As you kept going further and further away, I grew colder day by day. Knowing I have no one else to stop me, I let myself roam free in the darkest way, the cruellest way. Evil had decided to conquer my very soul and let my fear eat myself up so I would turn into the ugliest being that have the greatest desire for attention. Thinking that this was a competition, I let myself race. Race in this pointless marathon that has no finish line - for me. Running and pacing, I ran as fast as I could, but the light was always slightly faster. Running and running, I finally gave up and fell on my knees, crying over my defeat. I knew I couldn't do it from the start.

Now, I am this cold being, that has no warm heart. A heartless. The black, dark shadow that lurks only in the pits of darkness. And whenever the light shines bright, I despises it, I curse it, and I cry over it. I've cared, I've loved, and I've cried. Now, let me glow, glow in the darkest form ever. Let me be tied down by my own sorrow, and mourn over my defeat. Let me go. Though I was there before the existence of the light, but who notices a dark and twisted being when there's a chance to reborn?..yeah. We all know. But...the question now is; how far more?..

No comments: